Sunday, January 25, 2009

Random Sunday

Three Month Old Annie Ainsley


It is a slow Sunday afternoon. I haven't showered since after Jazzercise class yesterday; I've eaten 5 peanut butter cookies (need to go to Jazzercise class again); Jon has shoveled the office but not our driveway yet; Anne is bouncing between being as sweet as pie, all smiles, to crabby and hungry even though she ate 45 minutes ago. We got her 3 month pictures back from Sears last week. I got most of them off in the mail, and I hope everyone loved them. She is really a cute child. Um, I know that I am her mother and all, but dang is she cute! Don't believe me? Check out the rest of the pics!



This month Anne started to really enjoy her jungle gym. She was batting at the hanging rattles and looking at herself in the mirror a lot (she must get that from me. I am a bit vain!). This week she has gotten even better with the gym. She grabs the hanging rattles and shakes them. She is actually trying to hit at them when she flails her arms whereas before she was just flailing and hitting them sometimes.
For Christmas, Nana and Papa (Jon's folks) got her a Baby Einstein video. She loves it. She watches it with undivided attention. The colors and the music mesmerize her. It is how I am able to blow dry my hair and put on makeup. I used to have to wait until Jon came home for lunch to shower and get ready. Now that we are out and about more often, I need to be ready sooner. I hate to put her in front of the TV but it can't be too bad! She liked it so much that we got her two more (mostly because I was getting tired of the same music). I can hear Jon watching it with her right now. This one is Beethoven. The first one was Mozart.

She is getting very verbal these days. For the last month she has been talking to us in these big long sentences "lalagabalajara" etc. with an occasional "BLA KA!" for good measure. This week Jon got actual laughing giggles out of her. It was so cute.
But the biggest step this month came last week when we started solid food. We started to give her rice cereal once a day. We may graduate to two times a day. (picture to come when camera battery charges) This was a big step for us because now Jon can feed her too. Whoa, she is really screaming now! Gotta run!






3 comments:

Dynamic Duo said...

So glad you posted an update & posted those adorable pictures!! Love it. Glad you had a lazy day, or as lazy as it can be with a 3.5 month year old.

Dynamic Duo said...

Ha, I love it:) Especially the "asshole" part, I cannot decide if that was my favorite, or if it was when Annie was giggling;)

Pete 'n Stephy said...

She is so full of love!!! I wish I could give her a big hug and kiss right now.
You seem to be catching on to the blog world very nicely these days!!
=)
I can't wait to see the little anne photos as a flower girl =)